About the Brand
Close-Up Tartar Control Anti-Cavity Fluoride Toothpaste, Mint Gel
This product contains ingredients that raise a low level of health concern.
- Human Health ImpactsHuman Health ImpactsThis component of GoodGuide’s rating system evaluates the potential impacts of a product on human health. It incorporates a screening-level hazard assessment or nutritional evaluation, as well as other relevant indicators, like the regulatory status of ingredients. If ingredients pose potential health risks or have limited nutritional value, a product's score is lowered. If a product lacks the data needed to conduct a health evaluation, its score is also lowered to provide an incentive for manufacturers to disclose better information.Rating: 7.0 out of 107.0
- Data Adequacy, Ingredient DisclosureData Adequacy, Ingredient DisclosureCharacterizing potential human health impacts requires complete information about the specific ingredients in a product. However, there is no current regulatory requirement that companies disclose full ingredients lists for household chemical products (in contrast with personal care products, where disclosure is required). To create an incentive for disclosure, GoodGuide caps a product’s score if it lacks complete ingredient data or lists generic names that do not support chemical-specific evaluations.Rating: 10 out of 1010
- Amount of Ingredient DetailAmount of Ingredient DetailTells what is the amount of ingredient information available to rate this product.Rating: 10 out of 1010
- Other Negative AspectsOther Negative AspectsHuman health impact scores are adjusted lower if a product includes ingredients that are considered "bad actors," such as chemicals that have been banned by regulatory agencies or targeted for phase out, or if its production process utilizes hazardous chemicals or introduces contaminants to the product.Rating: 8.0 out of 108.0
This product contains no ingredients with regulatory concerns.
- Human Health Impacts, Level of Health Concern of IngredientsHuman Health Impacts, Level of Health Concern of IngredientsTo assign a health hazard score to a product, GoodGuide counts the number of its ingredients that are categorized as low, medium or high concern. Ingredients are placed into these categories based on their number of recognized and suspected health effects, their relative toxic potency, whether they are frequently detected in humans, and whether the basic toxicity testing needed to assess chemical safety has been conducted.Rating: 7.0 out of 107.0
This company's environmental policies, practices and performance place it among the best 50% of companies rated by GoodGuide.
- Core Company Environmental PerformanceCore Company Environmental PerformanceSummary evaluation of a company's overall environmental performance, considering its management policies and practices; resource use; environmental impacts; and degree of environmental transparency.Rating: 5.7 out of 105.7
- Environmental ManagementEnvironmental ManagementEvaluation of a company's environmental management, considering how it is governed and whether it exhibits any leading edge practices or is involved in any controversies or compliance issues.Rating: 6.0 out of 106.0
- Resource UseResource UseSummary evaluation of a company's policies and practices related to resouce use, considering energy, water and materials.Rating: 5.9 out of 105.9
- TransparencyTransparencySummary evaluation of the amount of data a company makes public for assessing its environmental practices and performance.GoodGuide, TransparencyRating: 5.8 out of 105.8
- Environmental ImpactsEnvironmental ImpactsSummary evaluation of a company's environmental impacts, considering its policies and practices relating to air and water emissions, waste management and biodiversity.Rating: 5.0 out of 105.0
This company's social policies, practices and performance place it among the best 50% of companies rated by GoodGuide.
- Core Company Social PerformanceCore Company Social PerformanceSummary evaluation of a company's overall social performance, considering its management policies and practices; impacts on workers, consumers and communities; and degree of social transparency.Rating: 5.2 out of 105.2
- CommunityCommunitySummary evaluation of a company's performance relating to communities, considering its management policies and practices; community relationships; stakeholder engagement activities; and public policy positions.Rating: 6.3 out of 106.3
- ManagementManagementEvaluation of a company's social management, considering how it is governed and whether it exhibits any leading edge practices or is involved in any controversies or compliance issues.Rating: 5.2 out of 105.2
- WorkersWorkersSummary evaluation of a company's performance relating to workers, considering its management policies and practices; diversity & equal opportunity record; and human rights issues.Rating: 5.1 out of 105.1
- ConsumersConsumersSummary evaluation of a company's performance relating to consumers, considering its management policies and practices; health & safety record; and product marketing and labeling practices.Rating: 5.0 out of 105.0
- TransparencyTransparencySummary evaluation of the amount of data a company makes public for assessing its social practices and performance.GoodGuide, TransparencyRating: 4.4 out of 104.4