Meet the GoodGuide Team
GoodGuide is made up of people from all kinds of different backgrounds: engineers, product designers, chemists, environmental scientists, and MBAs. And they come from all over the world, from England and Portugal to Iowa. We love to travel, surf, ski, drink great wine, and go camping with our kids, DJ at music festivals, and build great products together. We also have a unique passion for applying our talents to making the world a better place.
Here are a few of our team members
- Ryan Aipperspach Director of Engineering Ryan is one of GoodGuide's founding engineers, coming straight from grad school at UC Berkeley. He also loves to do design research on his weekends.
- Simon Waddington Software Engineer When he's not busy making servers hum, Simon spends his time paragliding high above California. He's even been known to check in on servers from 10,000 feet.
- Dara O'Rourke Founder Dara is a professor at UC Berkeley and GoodGuide's founder. He's also the author of Shopping for Good.
- Daniel Schmidt Director of Product Before GoodGuide, Dan developed new publishing systems and user experiences for CNET. He'd love it if you followed him on Quora.
- Noel Hartshorn Lead Mobile Engineer Noel designed and built the GoodGuide iOS app and SDK. If you're really nice to him, he might also give you surfing lessons.
- George Consagra CEO George brings experience from Scribed, Bebo, and Organic to GoodGuide, helping to build the team, provide vision, and influence site strategy. When he's not at GoodGuide, you can find him out surfing.
- Mike McGuinness VP of Business Development Mike leads GoodGuide's business relationships. Right now he's probably debating business models while ordering sushi.
- Pedro Viera VP of Sustainability and Ratings As a founding member, Pedro helped design and implement the GoodGuide rating system. Aside from food and wine, he loves turning complex science into cool products.
- Yu Kuwabara Chemist As a member of the Science Team, Yu looks through the ingredients of the products going into the GoodGuide database and helps update the health rating system. He loves the outdoors, and you'll find him there when he's not at work.
Send your resume to email@example.com.