What is it like to work at GoodGuide?
GoodGuide's uniqueness comes from our team of scientists and engineers – On any given day, you might find a team of people building a new data API, designing a system for rating the environmental impact of your iPhone, or meeting with customers to wireframe a transparency scorecard. Any successful project we do involves collaborating with someone from a different background, which mean's you're always being exposed to something new.
The work environment at GoodGuide is focused but relaxed. Everyone is expected to take initiative and work efficiently, but there's always time for a game of darts or ping-pong, or a walk for lunch at the San Francisco Ferry Building.
What type of people thrive at GoodGuide?
GoodGuide is a place for self-motivated, smart people. We typically work on projects in small teams, which means that each employee is responsible, in part, for helping to define requirements, come up with implementation plans, and build products.
- Interest in making the world a better place. Working at GoodGuide provides the opportunity to influence how products are manufactured and how consumers decide which products to buy and companies to support.
- Ability to work in small teams. We collaborate in small teams, often with a combination of scientists and engineers.
- Ability to solve problems independently. Working in small teams means that there isn't always someone providing buttoned-up product specifications. Everyone on the team is responsible for coming up with solutions to design and engineering problems and executing on them.
GoodGuide provides competitive salaries and benefits, including:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Free snacks, drinks, and lunches
- A flexible vacation policy (work hard and take time when you need to)
- Any laptop or desktop you want, with big monitors and lots of (standing or sitting) workspace
- Subsidy for taking public transit or signing up for car sharing
- Located in downtown San Francisco near the Ferry Plaza, BART, and Muni light rail
What if I don't live in San Francisco?
We're committed to hiring the best people, wherever they're currently located. We find that having diverse backgrounds provides new ideas and perspectives (and great food from around the world). New employees are supported with moving subsidies and any necessary immigration/visa sponsorship.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.